2024 Season is just around the corner, we are looking forward to seeing lots of you again next year. We have a 2 night minimum stay and we offer a 5% discount on a 3+ night stay.
Barton House Hotel is situated a 2 minute walk from the beach, a 3 minute walk to the tram stop, we are located between the central and south pier, and not far from Blackpool Tower, The Pleasure Beach and all main attractions.
We would like to welcome you to Barton House Hotel, we are a husband and wife team - Ian & Denise Ward running this small hotel. The hotel has 6 En suite bedrooms on the first & second floor, we also have a dining room where breakfast is served on the ground floor. Our aim is to provide you with a lovely base to stay at, to set you up for the day with breakfast and for you to enjoy all the sights of Blackpool and the surrounding areas.
Whilst all Covid restrictions have been lifted, we still carry out extra sanitising in all rooms and have a supply of hand gel in the entrance hall. We will continue to take Covid very seriously until we are sure it has gone from our lives. South Shore is a central place to catch trams & buses to The Pleasure Beach & Tower or just a short walk away from the main attractions.
Enjoy either a Full English, vegetarian, vegan or gluten free breakfast along with cereal, toast, juice, Fair Trade tea & coffee (cow's milk, soya or brown rice milk always available) please let us know if you have any allergies or life style choices when you book, so that we can offer you any alternatives and make sure you are catered for.
Every bedroom has a flat screen T.V. ,free Wi-Fi, USB charging points, a welcome tray with a cafetiere, Fair Trade tea & fruit teas, a hair dryer & complimentary cruelty free toiletries . There is free on street parking on a first come, first served basis. As an alternative we can provide parking vouchers at a reduced price of £5.00 (normally £10.00+) for 24 hours from Blackpool Council, the nearest car park is around 3 minutes walk in Lonsdale Road. If you wish to have a parking voucher, please feel free to drop off luggage first, and we will help you take it to your room and you can collect the voucher.
We ask for a deposit of £30.00 per person to reserve your room(s) and the balance to be paid 45 days prior to arrival. We prefer payment by bank transfer or cash.
All of our rooms are on the first or second floor, we welcome children aged 3+ as we don't have storage facilities for highchairs, travel cots or pushchairs. We love animals but we are unable to let them stay here because a number of our regular guest's have allergies to animal fur.
Whether this is your first visit, or you have been a guest many times, we want your experience to be excellent. Please let us know if you need anything else to complete your holiday, we are always pleased to help where possible and whilst we don't envisage any problems during your stay sometimes this is unavoidable.
1 x King size bed, 32" flat screen TV, En-suite shower. tea & coffee making facilities, small fridge for fresh milk, towelling robes, cruelty free bathroom toiletries & a hair dryer.
First floor 2 x single beds, 28" flat screen T.V., En-suite shower, tea & coffee making facilities, small fridge for fresh milk, cruelty free bathroom toiletries and a hair dryer.
1 x Super king bed, side window sea view, flat screen T.V., large En-suite bathroom. tea & coffee making facilities, small fridge for fresh milk, towelling robes, cruelty free bathroom toiletries and a hair dryer.
1 x King size bed, & 1 x 3' bed , 28" flat screen TV, En-suite shower. tea & coffee making facilities, fridge for fresh milk, towelling robes, cruelty free bathroom toiletries & a hair dryer.
Second floor 2 x single beds, 39" flat screen T.V., En-suite shower, tea & coffee making facilities, fridge for fresh milk, cruelty free bathroom toiletries & a hair dryer, you can see the top of Blackpool Tower from this room!
1 x King size bed, flat screen T.V., with built in DVD player, large En-suite bathroom. tea & coffee making facilities, small fridge for fresh milk, towelling robes, cruelty free bathroom toiletries and a hair dryer.
If you would like to bring your family to Blackpool for a special occasion to celebrate a birthday or anything else, why not book all 6 rooms at a reduced rate of £430 per night, We will decorate the room for a surprise for the celebration with bunting, a card & a box of chocolates, if you send a photograph over we will also print and frame it.
Room 2 & 3 have an extra door and it makes it secure to have the 2 rooms for 4 people, if the adults want their own space with a super king size bed, side sea view and large bathroom, then the children can walk in and out but have their own twin bedded room and en-suite shower, this is an excellent solution.
Room Rates - we have a minimum of a 2 night stay but we offer 5% discount on a 3+ night stay. This doesn't apply to the 2024 offers on the suite or the whole hotel, they are already discounted.
1) We try to keep our terms & conditions as simple as possible, so if you book a stay at Barton House Hotel this will be confirmed by email and the room/s held in the diary until a deposit invoice is emailed across. The Terms & Conditions will deem to be accepted upon payment of the deposit.
2) A £30 non-refundable deposit per person must be made at the time of booking – an invoice is issued for this, and payment can be made by bank transfer (BACS) or cash. We don’t accept cheques. The balance is due 30 days prior to the stay at Barton House Hotel. Covid is no longer accepted as a reason for a cancellation or refund. We advise you to take out independent holiday insurance in case you need to cancel the booking.
3) In the unlikely event of cancellation of your booking, please make sure the notice is sent in writing by email to: email@example.com following cancellation charges will apply:
· Deposits are non-refundable.
· Less than 30 days prior to the stay, 100% charges apply to the booking.
4) Rooms/s will be ready from 3.00 p.m. on the day of arrival, if you are likely to arrive after 6.00 p.m., please let us know so that one of us will be here to check you in. We ask you to vacate your room by 10.30 a.m. on the day of departure.
5) There is free parking on and around Barton Avenue, but if there is none available when you arrive there is a Blackpool Council public car park just a 3-minute walk away (Lonsdale Road), you can drop your bags and we have a supply of Blackpool Council 24 hour parking permits at £5.00 each that you can purchase rather than £10.00+ if you pay direct in the car park. Barton House Hotel cannot take any responsibility for your vehicle whether it is parked in the street or a car park.
6) Barton House Hotel is a completely non-smoking hotel and has smoke detectors in every room for your own safety. We do have a small garden at the front of the property that can be used, and an ashtray provided. Please be considerate of any other guests in the garden who may be non-smokers. Bathrobes are provided for your own comfort, please wear them in the bedroom only and not in the dining room or garden.
7) We have free wi-fi to assist guests for leisure purposes only, the code is provided on entry to the hotel, please make sure the code is only used by guests when they are actually staying at Barton House Hotel, we can’t be held responsible for any exchange of confidential information made in error. We would also ask that you refrain from downloading any content that may infringe third party copyright or is of an offensive nature, we have a common-sense approach to this and would ask that it is maintained, so that the hotel is not brought into disrepute.
8) If a problem occurs whilst you are staying with us and something is accidentally damaged, please make us aware of it so that we can rectify the situation as soon as we can, as we would prefer to avoid charging you for any damage if possible.
9) If you need to bring any visitors into the hotel during your stay, please confirm this with us in advance, as we must keep a register for insurance purposes and we are only insured for paying guests that are on our register.
10) We hope that your stay with us will be a pleasant one so if you have a problem that we are not aware of please let us know and we will try to solve it immediately. Our aim is for every guest to have enjoyed their stay and want to come back to Barton House Hotel.
11) If you lose either the room or door key, please let us know as soon as possible, there will be a minimum charge of £30 for each replacement lock & key.
12) If you need a dark towel or pillowcase to avoid stains from hair dye, tattoo ink or fake tan please let us know and we will provide a covering, we try to avoid charging for ruined bedding, towels, or bathrobes.
13) There are many great places to eat in Blackpool but if for any reason you need to bring food back into your room, please make sure it is not spilt on the bed, carpet, towels, or bathrobes as we have to make a charge for ruined bedding or carpet.
14) From July 2020 our Terms & Conditions (T’s & C’s) now have an add on Covid 19 policy, please refer to this in conjunction with our main T’s & C’s, if you would like to read it before booking, please email us and a copy will be sent over. Your safety is very important to us, so our policy covers everything to protect you and ourselves.
Barton House Sustainable Palm Oil Policy 2023
We have an Eco Policy here at Barton House and it covers many things including the use of palm oil in our food and cleaning products, we care about the planet along with animal welfare.
1) When we bought Barton House Hotel in February 2020, we decided to ban any products for Barton House that contained palm oil, whether they were food or cleaning products. Sometimes it is difficult as palm oil has many different names, we have tried very hard to make sure we don’t buy the wrong products.
2) We have now reviewed this policy since receiving more information about sustainable palm oil (SPO). Palm oil is mainly sourced from Indonesia or Malaysia and it has been proven that it has 10 x more yield per unit of land than other vegetable oils, so it is significant to the income of the local farmers in Southeast Asia, this has led to the destruction of forests and had a major effect on the loss of wildlife including orangutans.
3) The Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil known as RSPO for short, promotes the growth and use of certified sustainable palm oil products, it is the primary body to ensure that sustainable palm oil is used and promoted through global standards. In 2018 The World Wildlife Fund updated its position to support the RSPO, and the commitment to palm oil production that is free of deforestation, expansion on peat, human exploitation, and the use of fire.
4) We have checked with our regular suppliers that they only use SPO. We are also using a recommended palm oil scan app to search for products that we want to buy or carry on using and we will only buy products from businesses that use certified sustainable palm oil. We have checked all the food products we use, for signs of palm oil and we have also checked that any cleaning products we use are cruelty free. We will not knowingly purchase any products that don’t fall into the category of being approved as being sourced from certified sustainable palm oil.
Barton House has made a commitment to review the sustainable palm oil policy, at least once a year commencing February 2023.